[UPDATE Jan. 13th 2021: I found another Canon AF35M II in my camera vault and this camera is also for sale]
Are you ready for another quick and dirty camera review? Ready, set ………
- Canon AF35M II
- Fixed (strange) focal length 38mm + nice F2.8.
- Fully automatic
- Nice lens cover which protects the lens and functions as an on/off switch as well
Where did I test the camera and which film did I use?
- on the streets of Amsterdam with some Fuji C 200
- The Canon AF35M II aka Sure Shot in the US and aka Auto Boy 2 in Japan from the same period as the Nikon L35AF 2 etc.
- The Canon is not an all weatherproof camera, but a bit of rain won’t hurt the camera. Just make sure to dry the camera on time. Reflections are awesome to shoot after it has rained.
Here are a couple of individuals snapshots I have taken with the Canon Autoboy II in November 2020. I have to say there’s nothing wrong with this camera if the purpose is to point and shoot. As a matter of fact, this camera is a nice street photography camera and would even be a better camera if the ISO could be set manually.
- Simple to use (point and shoot)
- Flash is can be set manually on/off
- lens cover
- nice fixed lens
- fun to use
- use of 2x AA batteries (use rechargeable batteries!!)
- no manual ISO settings ( you can alter the DX-code if you really need another ISO)
- too simple to use (point and shoot)
- not a NIKON
- a bit loud
Contact me by comments or email, please!
CANON AF35M II HAS BEEN SOLD
[UPDATE Jan. 13th, 2021: I found another Canon AF35M II in my camera vault and the camera is for sale]
Happy shooting and keep it analog
I have to admit I got a little bit of a problem called: G.A.S (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) I have been collecting analog cameras for quite a few years now, should be a decade or so. I am trying to overcome my problem and will sell the majority of my collection and keep just a few cameras. But before I sell a camera I have the urge to test the camera and write a little review (or maybe ask one of my fellow club members to do so).